I used the neoprene rubber GM suggested a while back during the mid bass horn project. Can't imagine a better material for the job.
O ooh, forgot about that one, it's super dense closed cell and inexpensive too (scroll down): Gas Props and Camper Shell Parts including Truck Boots
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
I used the neoprene rubber GM suggested a while back during the mid bass horn project. Can't imagine a better material for the job.
Go to any art store or fabric store and ask for foamie sheets. The material is 1/16 inch thick, dense foam rubber. Comes in 8 by 11 sheet any color you want and its strong. I have been using it and I believe Earl geddes uses it too for his woofer gasket. Gap filling superglue holds it to any surface and the glue will not damage the foam. The cost is about 1.50 a sheet. great stuff and its waterproof.
NKF

I bought felt before from Homey D it was for a garage door surround was like 3/16" thick and like 20' feet long by 3/4-1" wide and was made by Frost King and is sold just about any hardware store Super Cheap too.At 3/16" thick it is quite beefy. Regards
Thermwell Products S258/17H "FROST KING" FELT WEATHERSTRIP - 5/8x3/16"x17'
Bookmarks